You've probably heard the news: GM is hoping to close up to 1,200 car dealerships in the near future while Chrysler plan to cut 789 of their 3,200, putting thousands out of work and leaving vacant buildings across the country. So what are some ways communities can green these structures?
The DailyGreen has a few of their ideas on what to do with these vacant dealerships below. I would love to see a plan that would provide green jobs and create new green business. Bicycle showrooms, anyone?
1. The Car Dealership as a New Town Center
2. The Car Lot as a New Business or Community Center
- A visitor center
- An American Craft Factory
- A Solar Power Sub Station
3. The Car Dealership as Flea Market
4. The Car Dealership as a Field of Wildflowers
Visit the DailyGreen to see more of what they have in mind.
What's your idea on what to do with these soon to be defunct dealerships?