- Nicole and Oliver
- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Our apartment has a great layout that helps the space feel much larger than it is. I think what we love most though are the items we chose to live with us. Our coffee table and vintage record player were owned and loved by my paternal grandparents. The roll top desk was a birthday gift from my dad to my mom early in their marriage. The huge cow painting was a chance find at a consignment shop in Seattle. We fell in love with it instantly and it speaks to both of our childhoods. We have a collection of quilts that my maternal grandmother has made for me throughout many stages of my life. Oliver took many of the photos on our walls for his photography company Ballet Zaida. That’s just naming a few. What makes the space special and feel like home is the many reminders of family and the wonderful experiences we have had together.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- (1) Love where you live. If you really love your neighborhood, it just feels like an extension of your home.
(2) Embrace the concept of less is more. Make cleaning out and donating a regular part of your routine. Be thoughtful with your purchases.
(3) Take a few minutes to tidy up each day. Simple chores like sweeping, doing dishes, and making the bed really make a big difference in the calmness of the home.