So you've found your perfect apartment. The only problem is - there's no closet. Or maybe there's a tiny 2x4 closet that couldn't even begin to hold all your clothes. What to do? You could keep looking...or you could avail yourself of one of these clever solutions.
1. Of course, you could always go old-school and get an armoire, or even a chifferobe. (What's the difference? According to dictionary.com, a chifferobe must have drawers in addition to hanging space.) But what about...shoes in a pie safe?
2. Brian and Kerry tucked an
3. I love this idea for a room without a logical nook to turn into a a closet — clothes storage behind the bed. In this case, keeping the palette in the rest of the room simple keeps the colors of the hanging clothes from being too overwhelming.
4. You can hang this simple DIY clothes bar from the ceiling pretty much anywhere in the house.
5. Don't think your clothes are pretty enough to look at all the time? You can cover up clothes storage by hanging a curtain in front.
6. Shelves and a hanging rod tuck neatly behind the ladder to a loft. Sporting equipment hangs on the wall beside.
7. A picture ledge with a hanging rod beneath puts clothes front and center — and doesn't protrude too far into the room.
8. Missy from Lookie What I Did made this wall-hung organizer for her hubby's various accessories.
9. This beautiful modern apartment in Malmö makes a freestanding clothes rack look so good.
10. The rack above is from Ikea, but you can make your own from inexpensive PVC pipe.
MORE CLOSET SOLUTIONS FROM APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 5 Alternative Methods to Storing Clothes Without a Closet
• Open Book: Exposed Closets
(Images: 1. Petra Svensson for Elle Interior, via )