Time: Approximately 30 hours, shared over a period of two weekends
Cost: Approximately $600
Tell us the tools and resources you used for the project:
To remove vanity, sink, medicine cabinet:Prybar
To remove wallpaper: Scraper
Solution of 1/2 water and 1/2 fabric softener in spray bottle
To paint top half of wall:Kilz primer
Sherwin Williams Harmony (No VOC, No odor)"Antiquity" in Semi-Gloss
Paint roller and trim brush
To apply beadboard:8 linear feet primed MDF Wainscot Kit (from The Home Depot)
To paint beadboard and trim: Sherwin Williams Harmony "Westhighland White" Semi-Gloss
To install pedestal sink: Pedestal sink with 4 in. centers in white
To install mirror:White framed mirror
Share step-by-step instructions for how you completed the project:1. Turn off water valve to sink. Remove vanity, sink and medicine cabinet with prybar and a whole lot of elbow grease.
2. Spray solution onto wall and allow to set 15 - 30 minutes. Scrape wallpaper. Wipe down wall with damp cloth. Allow to dry several hours.
3. Apply primer to wall and allow to dry 2 hours.
Apply 2 coats of paint, waiting several hours between coats. Allow to dry overnight.
4. Measure and cut beadbord to fit walls using miter saw. Apply caulk to backside of beadboard and apply firmly to wall. Use finish nails to secure. Apply baseboard and trim using same process.
5. Install pedestal sink by connecting pipes and tightening with wrench. Screw to wall using drill.
6. Turn water back on.
7. Hang new mirror above sink using hammer and nails.