Soon Valentine's Day will be upon us, and couples everywhere will be buying flowers and candy and jewelry and fragrances and all kinds of other silly novelties. But you know what says true love to me? Digital storage. And lots of it.
Wondering what to get your honey that's both practical and bound to save a major headache later? Gigs and Terabytes. Hear me out.
In today's media obsessed world, it's digital space, not physical objects, that make it possible to enjoy all our favorite things. A hard drive with all my favorite music backed up to it would make my life a heck of a lot easier. A year's worth of Google Drive storage (about 100 gigabytes) so I can keep my photos and important documents backed up and accessible on my laptop and iPhone costs about $60. I use that service nearly every single day. My entire eBook library should be backed up somewhere, but alas, I need another drive.
Are you convinced?
Here are some options I suggest:
- A Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable External Hard Drive with Cloud Backup ($79.00)
- BackBlaze somehow manages to offer up UNLIMITED cloud storage for $4.99 per month.
- A Year of 100GB Cloud Storage on Google Drive is also $4.99 per month.
- Buffalo MiniStation Hard Drive with 1TB Storage ($81.24)
- Flickr's Ad Free program gives users 1TB of storage per year with no ads for $49.99. If you can handle ads, that 1TB is free. Doublr does what it says: doubles the storage for double the price.
Now that's romantic.