Art & Design Events...
"Local River" by Mathieu Lehanneur
• Local River anticipates the growing influence the 'locavore' movement by proposing a home storage unit for live freshwater fish combined with a mini vegetable patch.
• Through June 21st
• Artists Space, 38 Greene Street, 3rd Floor, 212. 226.3970
Stop 'n Swap Block Party
• Swap items that are no longer useful to you, but can be reused by others
• May 10th, 11am-4pm
• 3-17 26th Ave., Astoria Queens.
Candita Clayton in the Studio.
• Candita Clayton, will sign copies of her new book, "Clean your Home Healthy," a room-by-room guide to using all-natural, nontoxic products as cleaning solutions
• May 15th, 7-9pm, Refreshments will be served.
• 124 Hudson St, 212.219.2217
Dwell Panel Discussion
• Dwell.com Editorial Director Michael Cannell, moderates panel discussionwith architects Rob Rogers and Jared Della Valle, developer Veronica Hackett, Brownstoner.com founder Johnathan Butler, and Curbed.com founder Lockhart Steele.
• May 10th, 5 p.m., after party at rebar (147 Front St.)
• St. Ann's Warehouse, 38 Water St., DUMBO, Brooklyn
• 17 international artists transform a historical townhouse in Harlem with site-specific artwork addressing the notion of Home.
• Through May 18th, 1 to 9pm (Art Talk: 2pm, Reception: 4pm, Lecture by Michael Henry Adams: History of Harlem 6pm
• 764 St. Nicholas Ave. @ 148th, Harlem
Ligne Roset Celebrates 10 Years of Design in SoHo
• May 19th, 6-9pm
• 155 Wooster Street, 212.253.5629
The Ultimate Mission Impossible in Design: "Mr. Impossible" by Philippe Starck
• Kartell hosts a cocktail party previewing new products
• May 19th, 6:30pm (email@example.com)
• 39 Greene Street
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000
What is Green Architecture?
• Noted architect Christoph Ingenhoven in conversation with Andres Lepik
• May 19th, 7pm
• The Goethe-Institut New York is located at 1014 Fifth Avenue (at 83rd Street), 212.439.8700
Brooklyn Designs 2008
• An exhibition of designers and manufacturers of contemporary furnishings, lighting, and accessories made and/or designed in Brooklyn, all handpicked by a jury of editors from leading design and shelter magazines.
• May 9th through 11th
• Multiple Locations in Dumbo, 718.243.1414