Art & Design Events...
- January Jumpstart Contest winners will be announced this week!
- AT Design Meetup tomorrow, February 7th., 7pm, Soho DWR
- February is bedroom month!
Launch of Shop by Tom Dixon at ABC Carpet and Home
- US premiere of full Tom Dixon lighting and furniture collection
- February 25th, 6-8pm, email@example.com
- 888 Broadway, E. 19th Street, 212.473.3000 x590
- View the 50 winning chairs made of the foil, label, cage and cork from no more than two Champagne bottles
- Februrary 12th, 6-8pm
- DWR Brooklyn Heights Studio, 76 Montague St., 718.643.1015
- Lecture by Berlin-based architect Jürgen Mayer H in conversation with Andres Lepik.
- February 7th, 7pm, Admission is free
- Goethe Institute, 1014 Fifth Avenue (83rd Street), 212.439.8700
- Featuring work by Shiri Zinn, Karim Rashid, Rhett Butler of Kiki de Montparnasse, and others.
- Exhibit opens January 31st
- Museum of Sex, 233 5th Ave., 212.689.6337
- Conversation with the Brazilian design team who take a low-tech, artisanal approach to design, employing sustainable, readily available and often recylced materials to craft high design.
- February 15th, 6:30pm
- Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, NYC.
French Furniture Sculptor Ingrid Donat
- Exhibition of Donat's richly textured, limited edition, cast bronze furniture
- Opening Reception February 21st
- Barry Friedman Ltd., 515 West 26th Street
- Students from around the country to offer their best ideas on how to demonstrate new and alternative design solutions that simply work better
- Entries due February 9th
- The contest is open to students at any of the National Association of Schools of Art & Design-accredited degree programs or individual student members of IDSA.