Art & Design Events...
&bulll; March is bathroom month!
Design: Isamu Kenmochi and Isamu Noguchi
• This exhibit explores their collaboration with 85 pieces from Japan and the US, revealing their contributions to twentieth-century design.
• Through March 16, 2008
• The Noguchi Museum, Long Island City
Pulse Contemporary Art Fair
• Held annually in New York, Miami, and London, PULSE presents leading international galleries and artists showcasing the latest movements in contemporary art in powerful architectural environments designed to serve both seasoned and emerging collectors. The fair was created to provide a friendly and intimate context for visitors and exhibitors alike.
• March 27th through March 30th
• West Side Highway at West Houston
Metropolis Site Specific Tour—NYC
• Join editor-in-chief Susan S. Szenasy in a discussion on the importance of design history in our fast-forward world. The tour include SITE SPECIFIC: The Legacy of Regional Modernism--a short film about the climate and place-sensitive architectural experiments of the Sarasota School.
• March 25th, 9:30am-11:30am, RSVP: email@example.com
• Parsons the New School for Design, AAS Interior Design Program, 6 East 16th Street, Room 1009,
"What is Green Architecture?"
• Join noted engineer Matthias Schuler (transsolar.com), in conversation with MoMA's Andres Lepik
• April 1st, 7pm
• Goethe-Institute, 1014 Fifth Avenue@83rd Street, 212.439.8700
MODERN + DESIGN + FUNCTION: Juried Furniture Competition
• Top 10-15 entries on view. A separate award will be given to the designer whose submission best exemplifies environmentally conscious design.
• Apply here
• Application deadline: March 20th. Exhibition of selected entries: April 17th, 7-9pm
• DWR Columbus Avenue, 341 Columbus Ave
NY Armory Show
• The 10th Annual exhibition of contemporary art and design by The International Fair of New Art
• March 27th through 30th
• Pier 94, Twelfth Avenue at 55th Street