Art & Design Events...
The Future of Pre-Fab Architecture
• Pratt Institute hosts a day-long symposium on the history and future of prefab architecture
• April 3rd, 8am-7pm
• Higgins Hall, 60 St. James Pl., Brooklyn; 908.781.6420
Galerie Patrick Seguin hosting Jean Royere retrospective
• First major retrospective including 100 pieces of furniture and lighting of 20th century French decorator Jean Royere (1902-1981)
• March 8 - April 12, 2008
• Sonnabend Gallery, 536 West 22nd Street
• Symposium on the future of Interior Design
• April 4th and 5th (Free!)
• Sheila J. Johnson Design Center, The New School, 13th St. and 5th Ave. 212.229.8955
Preserving the Moderns: The Next Steps
• This panel will explore the challenges to preserving mid-20th century architecture and discuss which of the city's undesignated modernist buildings are the most significant.
• April 2nd, 6:30–8pm. Reservation and prepayment required. email@example.com
• Municipal Arts Society,457 Madison Avenue, 212 935 2075.
Martin Wöhrl: Kontrapost
• The artist has crafted elevated minimalist platforms that can be enjoyed as sculpture-or used as stages or seating. He has produced a series of fish tanks modeled on utopian modernist housing, and standing lamps from recycled junk.
• Through April 5th
• Spencer Brownstone Gallery, 39 Wooster St. 212.334.3455
Designs for Living Public Lecture Series: The Spirit of Space
• Please join Noushin Ehsan, as she discusses how space can be made to "Sing."
• April 7th, 5:30-8:00
• Center for Architecture, 536 LaGuardia Place