Art & Design Events...
Emporio Mediterraneo —Mediterranean Craftsmen and Abilities
• A cocktail reception featuring wine and specialty food from the Sardinia Region of Italy. Emporio Mediterraneo consists of 200 craftsmen from 23 Mediterranean countries gathering for the first time to match established methods with new techniques.
• April 16th, 4-7pm, RSVP: Atlanta@atlanta.ice.it, 404.525.0660 ext. 119
• 7 W 34th Street, NYC.
On the Bright Side: Elizabeth Wright Ingraham Lecture
• Ingraham is an architect, environmentalist, educator, and feminist who has championed sustainable design for more five decades.
• April 17th, 6:30pm.
• The Great Hall, The Cooper Union, NYC.
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000
Thesis 2008: SVA Interior Design
• Students at the School of Visual Arts present design proposals for the transformation of the Jersey City's Hudson & Manhattan Powerhouse into a contemporary sculpture center, a new culinary institute for Tribeca and an artist colony as 21st-century urban lodge
• Opening: April 24th 5:30-7pm, Exhibit: April 22nd through 28th
• The National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South
Spec it Green: The Anatomy of a Green Product
• This seminar will address the design process including product development & testing, process-based upgrades & certifications, corporate stewardship, and product specification education.
• May 1st, 5:30-7:30
• Citi, 388 Greenwich St. 212 404 6990 X15
Brooklyn Designs 2008
• An exhibition of designers and manufacturers of contemporary furnishings, lighting, and accessories made and/or designed in Brooklyn, all handpicked by a jury of editors from leading design and shelter magazines.
• May 9th through 11th
• Multiple Locations in Dumbo, . 718.243.1414
Go Green Expo
• First eco-focused conference in New York City. It includes more than 200 environmentally friendly products, services and businesses as well as panels by top environmentalists and business leaders
• April 26th and 27th
• New York Hilton Hotel, 1335 6th Ave, (between W. 53rd and W. 54th Sts.), 212.253.0474