We're looking for a few good…bloggers. Are you passionate about the joys and challenges of modern homelife with children? Are you an excellent writer and skillful photographer? Would you like a place to share your ideas and inspirations with a large design-centric community? If this is you, jump below for the details. (We'd be especially excited to hear from dads and folks in the Midwest and West, but the search is open to everyone.)
Ohdeedoh is looking for a few new, fresh voices to join our team as bloggers. These are part-time, paid, freelance positions.
• a good eye for design and a good eye for photos
• strong blog-style writing skills (concise, snappy, positive and with a firm handle on spelling and grammar)
• a good, fast computer
• a reliable high-speed internet connection
• a digital camera and excellent photography skills
• Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
• knowledge of how to use all these things
The link to the application form above will ask for the following information:
• Your name and contact information
• Where you live
• How long you have been reading Ohdeedoh
• What you do in the offline world
• Special areas of interest (room tours, how-to's, age group, books, crafts, etc.)
The form will also ask for 2 specific sample posts with text and pictures - choose one from the first category below; the second is a Round Up. Please submit posts written specifically for this and not for another blog. Look to Ohdeedoh for the general style and format of posts for submission. Keep your post to 200 words max. (with a few exceptions noted on the submission form).
• Mini Room Tour A Mini Room Tour can be of any child-related room: nursery, child's bedroom, playroom, living room, kitchen, etc.. Please include the name(s) of the home occupants (it's fine to use your own home), age of the children, location of the home and a description of the room - what is interesting or beautiful about it? It should include 5 photographs taken by you. Sample post.
• How To A How To post shares your knowledge or idea for how to: make something, fix something, do something, clean something, etc.. A How To post should include an introductory description, a materials list, instructions and 5-10 photographs taken by you. Sample post.
• Round Up A Round Up post round up five things that are thematically related: products, trends, tutorials, books, by age group, etc – use your imagination. A Round Up post should include an introductory description of what you are rounding up, 5 photographs (ask permission if they are not product photos) and a 1-2 sentence description, source with link and price (if applicable) for each. Sample post.
Instructions for photos: Of course you need not be on the level of a professional photographer, but the photos you take should look great and demonstrate competency. Other photos you may choose should show off your good eye. Please size all photos you submit to 540 pixels wide.
DEADLINE: Sunday, May 9th at midnight (earlier is always appreciated!). We will confirm your submission by email and then review, asking our top choices to try out live on the blog before we make our decision.