Name: Oliver (2 months)
Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
We didn't find out beforehand if we were having a boy or a girl, but that really didn't change the design of our first child's nursery. We wanted a calm, simple place for our baby to sleep, eat, and play that would also inspire him to explore the world and have adventures.
The room is a combination of diy projects and carefully considered purchases. We painted the dresser, sewed the curtains for the closet, made the mobile, and the mountain shelf. A few years ago my father made the piece above the closet out of old wood from his basement and my grandfather's old tools. I knew that I wanted this in my baby's nursery even if we had a girl.
I didn't want a rocker or a glider so we searched for a comfortable place to feed our baby in the middle of the night. When we found that "chair and a half", we knew that it would be perfect for reading books as a family. We like that all three of us can fit on it. We have
Our cat, Hudson, is still getting used to the idea that this room isn't his but he seems to like his little brother.
- Crib- Hudson Babyletto
- Chair- Bob's Discount Furniture in Skyline
- Dresser- Ikea, painted in Pillow Mint
- Lamp on dresser- Land of Nod
- Floor lamp- Ikea
- Fire Escape shelf- Uncommon Goods
- 3 Pieces of art above book ledges- Etsy
- Book/picture ledges- Ikea
- Curtain fabric- JoAnn Fabrics
- Storage bin under book ledges- Homegoods
- Blanket in bin- made by my mother
- Pillow on chair- CB2
- Blanket on chair- Homegoods