On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, $2,500 bucks to blow on tech and toys. Whether from Santa or as a Christmas Bonus from our Scrooge of a boss, our inner geeks are jumping for joy over the holiday. Join us in The 12 Tech Days of Christmas as we continue to count down (or is it up?) to more and more lavish gifts. How far we can go is only a matter of how nice we were this year - or if we rigged Santa's list.
Room & Board Harter Media Console
Get this Harter media console before it's too late as Room & Board appears to have recently discontinued the gorgeous 60"media console. The website lists limited quantities available, in solid cherry or walnut. The stainless steel base provides a hefty foundation to a timeless look - sleek and modern yet retro and fits right in to many rooms and styles.
- Build Your Own Modern Media Cabinet
- Pawnee Media Console by Shimna
- MidCentury Style: Mixing the New With the Old
- Sleek and Simple Walnut Media Cabinet
- Multi-Functional Media Cabinets (Roundup)
Saeco Syntia Cappuccino Machine
Forget Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, and every crappy cup of coffee you've ever had. You haven't truly had good coffee until you've ground your favorite beans and made your own cup of coffee. Now this is how to wake up in the morning, as our editor Gregory Han so graciously waxes poetic on the subject.
- The Man vs. $1,400 Machine Coffee Taste Test
- Swiss-Made Jura Capresso Coffee & Espresso Machines
- Touch Screen Coffee & Espresso Machines
Epson Home Cinema 8700UB Projector
Step up to 1080p high definition glory on the big screen. Movies are finally done justice on the (little) big screen with this monster of a projector - let your eyes become immersed in the action instead of framed by a shiny black border around a tiny TV.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
How do 21.1-megapixels sound to you? Step into the realm of prosumer photography with the 5D Mark II. We still highly recommend some schooling), but you'll no longer be able to blame your crappy cameraphone. It even records 1920x1080 HD video!
- DSLR Camera Life Cycle: What's Down the Pipeline
- Canon 5D Mk II Partnered with 100 Year Old Lens
- EE's Ray of Light Studio (Tech Tour)
- Leah Sakellarides of Velokova.com
Sharp AQUOS 70" Class LED HDTV
This HDTV has all the buzzwords - HDTV, LED, LCD, 1080p, 120Hz, yadayadayada. The important stat here is 70". 70" is one massive flat panel TV, and at only 3.5" deep! It's a Smart TV too, meaning you can hook it up to the internet for direct access to Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, and tons of other apps as well as web surfing from your couch where you can actually read the text because this TV is so friggin' HUGE!
ALIENWARE Aurora Gaming PC
The aliens have landed and instead of probes they've given us a gaming rig able to support up to two 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950 video cards. Paired with an Intel Six Core CPU that's a whole lot of gaming firepower no matter how you look at it. With a case that looks like a spaceship as well, this is one powerful top of the line gaming PC.
- Use Gaming Mice to "GTD": The More Buttons, the Better
- These Gamer's Keyboards Look As Good As They Play
- 5 Gaming Cans for Silent Pwnage
Dell Ultrasharp U3011 30" LCD Monitor
Dell's 2,560x1,600 resolution is absolutely amazing for heavy computer users. Whether you want to see that *entire spreadsheet or all of your Photoshop tools all at one time, this monster monitor has the size and real estate for you to really spread out and settle in for the long hall. Considering many of us work in front of a computer 8+ hours a day, we might as well use it to our advantage.
Samsung LCD Touch Screen Stainless Steel Fridge
Go on and lie to everyone and tell yourself you wouldn't want one of these in your kitchen. Almost 30 cubic feet of refrigerator goodness in stainless steel topped off with a touch screen LCD. Think about it, you can run apps on your fridge! Aside from weather and recipes, here's to hoping that the future has our fridges whipping up some meals for us too.
- 5 Techy Refrigerators For Your Kitchen
- Refrigerators You'll Want to Show Off: SMEG to Gorenje
- Stylish Fridges to Set Your Home Apart
- Use a Sheet of Paper to See if Your Fridge is Wasting Energy
- he Secret Home Energy Hog: Your Ice Maker
- Help! I Left My Freezer Door Open Overnight!
- Move the Fridge; the First Step in a Kitchen Transformation
- How to Organize Your Refrigerator
- Smart Fridge Generates Recipes
The 12 Tech Days of Christmas at Unplggd
- On the 1st Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $10
- On the 2nd Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $25
- On the 3rd Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $50
- On the 4th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $100
- On the 5th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $250
- On the 6th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $500
- On the 7th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $1,000
- On the 8th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $2,500
- On the 9th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $10,000
- On the 10th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $50,000
- On the 11th Day of Christmas: Tech Gifts Under $250,000