No matter if you're hitting the road to go visit family for a holiday or in the skies heading towards your dream getaway, the getting there part isn't always that pleasant. But we've gathered the best advice this year on traveling, from how to travel better with kiddos, how to make road trips better, what to do before you leave the house and even what to do when you get back!
Family travel advice
Where to go
Take it with you (or bring back)
- Travel Essential: The 1 Weird Thing that Makes the Carry-On Cut
- Holiday Travel: 10 Weekender Bags
- Bring the Holiday Home: Practical Souvenir Ideas for Design Lovers
- How To Take the Best Travel Pics Ever: 8 Tips for Taking Photos You'll Actually Hang Up
Before you leave
When you get home
- Do These 3 Things the First 5 Minutes Home After a Trip
- The Truths Returning from Vacation Reveals About Your Home
Rules of the road
Get more Z's when you travel
When you can't get away
→ Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2014 roundup!
From December 21 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.