One Big Man & One Big Truck
Moving is often cited as one of the most stressful life events. One way to help alleviate some of that stress is to use a reliable mover.
The company’s hourly rates are $130 for a two-person crew and truck, or $160 for a three-person crew and truck. There’s also a one-time flat rate travel fee of $50 (two-person crew) or $60 (three-person crew) inside a Local Service Area, and a fee that varies outside a Local Service Area (depending on how far from the Local Service Area your move takes place). They bill in 15-minute increments with no minimum time. And if you pay with cash, rates are $10 less per hour.
One Big Man & One Big Truck’s service includes:
• A confirmation sheet with your rates, and the date and time your move is scheduled
• A confirmation call four days before your move date to answer any last minute questions
• A follow-up phone call after your move to make sure everything went well
• Trained and uniformed employees
• A clean 24′- or 14′-truck, 50 quilted moving pads for your furniture, 4 wardrobe boxes for hanging clothing, plastic wrap for upholstered items, handcarts, and dollies
One Big Man & One Big Truck has earned the Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Award, been on the Better Business Bureau’s Honor Roll seven times, and was also listed in 7×7 Magazine’s 2006 Best of Service. The magazine says, “Not only do we love the name, but these guys (there are more than one) are dependable and friendly.”
(Edited from a post originally published 06/13/06; new rates listed above)