IKEA's cheap but good Grundtal system of kitchen shelving has appeared on Apartment Therapy before in many forms. Today, we're revisiting this staple and looking at old and new ways to put it to work...
What makes the Grundtal so versatile? It's constructed of strong but understated steel, and it can double as both a shelf and a rail for hooks. This makes it a good option for a closet, an office, or anywhere you need this type of mixed storage.
• 1 In the bathroom: Sarah and Steve's Attic Aerie
• 2 Stacked in the kitchen: Yiming's Manhattan Prewar Studio
• 3 As a spice rack: IKEA hack how-to from Instructables
• 4 In a garden shed: Alternative Uses for the Grundtal Towel Rail
• 5 In the entryway: Grundtal Coat Rack