Take a new white leather sofa, add two designers with strong points of view and one talented photographer and what do you get? A fun project that that shows off the power of color, pattern and accessories - the fact that all the stuff surrounds the sofa is really what sets the style. Big pics below:
Arren went for a world traveler vibe:
• striped, woven textile as wall covering
• plenty of natural wood and wicker pieces for style and storage and seating
• a wide range of textures in the fabrics and lighting choices keeps things interesting and authentic
• color palette of reds and browns mixed with a few other warm brights and calm neutrals
Tamara's design is all about a clean take on modern glamour:
• unapologetically bubblegum embracing pink wall color
• super strong doses of black throughout adds drama and grounds the space
• a sense of balance is achieved through the use of pairs - two silhouettes, two red pillows, two striped pillows. but....
• the scale of the arrangement is asymmetric in a modern way - artwork is low and the floral arrangement is big, the sofa is flanked by furniture in the same color but very varied sizes
Those of you who are regular IKEA shoppers know that there is plenty of IKEA to be found in both "rooms" with the main item being the white leather Karlstad sofa.
More on the project, including a video: Webisode 2: IKEA Design Mission
(Images: Angus Fergusson/Arren Williams Design Lab)