How often are we crossing the whole length of the apartment for the same things, again and again? Make life easier on yourself. It's perfectly cool to have three pairs of scissors if they're regularly used in three different rooms. (Thanks, Fay!!)
"Here are some other tips on how to organize around your routine (and we'd love to hear what you do in the comments!): Find yourself often wanting to write things down while watching TV? Store a pen and notebook next to the couch. Mail letters on-the-go? Throw some stamps in the glove compartment. Use a designated hook or bowl for your keys - right near the door. Keep reusable shopping bags and a gym bag in the car trunk. Put that guitar you've been wanting to practice out on a stand in a conspicuous place. (It won't get practiced in its case in the closet.) Store things where you use them - or want to start using them! Organization isn't about rigidity and perfection. It's about ease and clarity. Small steps add up. And sometimes, it's not about the clutter - it's about having things exactly where you need them." - Fay
• The Star: Fay Wolf is a singer-songwriter, actor and professional organizer. She's acted on shows like 2 Broke Girls and Bones, and her songs have been heard on shows like Grey's Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars. Fay's Los Angeles-based company New Order has been organizing lives since 2006, helping creative people deal with both inner and outer clutter. She coaches in-person, by phone, and in group workshops. Learn more via FayWolf.com and follow her on Twitter @faywolf!
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-to's and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
MORE FAY WOLF ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• One Minute Tip: How to Organize T-Shirts
• One Minute Tip: Three Ways to Use Vertical Space
• One Minute Tip: Just Start
• One Minute Tip: Two Ways to Give Things Away
• Introducing: Fay Wolf!