Only in LA: 10 Architecturally Interesting Homes with Classic West Coast Style
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Most every city gets certain types of housing stock associated with them, such as New York with brownstones and high rises or Chicago with coach houses and bungalows, to name just a few. Los Angeles is no execption and we have good examples of many of them right here in our House Tours. Enjoy this mini-architectural tour and click through on any for more of the residents’ LA style!
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
- Photos 1 & 2: A 1300 square foot industrial loft in the Downtown Arts District: Kimmy & Nathan’s Art Driven Loft
- Photos 3 & 4: A 1400 square foot Mid-Century post and beam multi-level home in Silver Lake: Carol’s Architectural Home in the Hills
- Photos 5 & 6: A 2100 square foot eco-friendly prefab: Amy & Corey’s Sunia Home In Echo Park
- Photos 7 & 8: A 1000 square foot space in the historic “home to the stars” Los Altos apartment complex in Windsor Square: Jennifer’s Touch of Hollywood Glamour
- Photos 9 & 10: A 2700 square foot 1912 Craftsman in Hancock Park: Kathleen & Matt’s California Craftsman
- Photos 11 & 12: A 3000 square foot Barbara Bestor-designed home in Topanga Canyon: Lisa & Scott’s Barbara Bestor Home in Topanga
- Photos 13 & 14: A 2000 square foot LEED-remodeled cottage in Venice that made the list of Top 10 Green Homes in California: Isabelle’s Greenest House in Venice
- Photos 15 & 16: A 1600 square foot Spanish-style bungalow in Mar Vista: Adir & Marcello’s Worldy Retreat
- Photos 17 & 18: A 1100 square foot apartment in the 1930’s Art Streamline Modern building that once was home to JFK: Samer’s 1930’s Streamline Moderne Apartment
- Photos 19 & 20: A 3000 square foot contemporary glass-fronted home perched in the Hollywood Hills: Alexis’ Modern Glass House
(Images: as credited in linked original tours)