Ooma Telo DECT 6.0 and VOIP Arrives
It was at this year’s CES where we first got a sneak peek (and listen) of the Ooma Telo, the VOIP phone system which allows dialing free domestic calls with near CD-quality voice. The system is finally available…
Alongside being able to call anyone, anywhere in the U.S. with no monthly fees, the Ooma Telo functions as a call center compatible with any corded or cordless handset. But we think most people will consider upgrading their whole system to the compatible and complementary design of the new Ooma handset, a $49.95 sleek black DECT phone which offers one touch voicemail, an online phonebook, caller ID, speakerphone, intercom, call log, and a really sexy design that puts the “Oooh!” in Ooma.
The catch? The best features of the Ooma system require a $9.99 per month Ooma Premier subscription plan, which offers users the additional features of:
- Enhanced Voicemail: Listen to voice mail through the speaker of the Ooma Telo device or forward voice mail and listen to messages on a mobile phone or a computer.
- Call Screening and Intercept: Listen through the speaker as callers leave their voice mail. Pick up at anytime to answer or tap a key to send the call away.
- Personal and Community Blacklists: Tap into Ooma’s extensive database of telemarketers and phone spammers and have the option of blocking unwanted callers or sending them straight to voice mail.
- Multi-Ring: Configure your Ooma system to simultaneously ring or forward a call to a mobile phone.
- Three-way Conferencing: Easily talk to two parties at once with easy three-way conference calling.
- Personal Number: Choose a second number anywhere in the U.S. and have it ring distinctively so you know who the call is for.
- Instant Second Line: Always have an available dial tone even if someone else is using the phone; users can also make or take a second call without missing a beat. (This feature requires an Ooma Telo Handset, which will be available in November.)
The Telo retails for $250, but is currently sold out, while the Ooma Telo Handset is being released in November.