The Southwold Beach Huts in Suffolk, England are the size of a row of garden sheds, but many of them are passed down through generations like prized family estates. They're synonymous with seaside living in England, so much so that they've inspired books, films, and television specials. Part of their appeal stems from the fact that they're so small, used mainly during the summertime when long days can be spent sitting outdoors by the sea. We've rounded up a number of tiny vacation houses that, like the Southwold Huts, gain character and charm from their smallness and their association with beautiful summertime spots...
• Shobac Cottages by Brian MacKay-Lyons
• Mark and Katie's Cross-Country T@B Trailer
• Asserbo Home by Christensen & Co
• Tiny Norwegian Summer House by Todd Saunders and Tommie Wilhelmsen
• Guest Retreat from Cottage Living