After reading the title, your first reaction may be to break out the Michael Jackson CDs. However, I am referring to black and white as a color combination as seen in flooring, paint combinations, rug patterns, and furniture in relationship to wall color. The strong contrast from black to white can be translated into both modern and traditional decor.
I have always loved the black and white color combination. In my dream home office, I would love to carry the black and white concept throughout. I would frame black and white photography with a glossy black frames and hang them against stark white walls. The floors would be a polished painted white wood with furniture and accessories consistent with the black and white color scheme, but varying in material, texture, and finish.
Images (from left to right):
- Wall of Frames: Emmas Designblogg
- Striped Black and White Wall Paint: Prison Break: Black and White Stripes
- Minimalism Small Apartment Interior Design in Sweden: Our 10 Favorite Small Kitchens
- Black and White Window Treatment: Jenika and Robert's 1944 Bungalow Renovation
- Entryway with Black and White Tile Flooring: Marc's Victorian Compound in Hollywood
How have you incorporated a black and white color combination in your home?