With summer nights come evenings of outdoor dining, an abundance of weddings, and backyard gatherings with friends. To illuminate these social occasions there are latterns, tiki torches, garden lights, firepits and of course, our favorite, strands of carnival lights. If you're in the market for outdoor string lighting, here are some options that offer a twist on the traditional globe style carnival light.
1. Pigeon Toe's Disc String Lights, $164; Gorgeous hand-thrown porcelain discs with 15 different shades of colored glazes to choose from-- a spectrum of choices from peacock to fig.
2. Pottery Barn's Rattan Globe String Lights, $29; Compliment a lush garden patio or juxtapose a modernist landscape with these rustic globe style lanterns woven from vines of rattan.
3. Pottery Barn's Malta Mini Lantern, Mercury Glass Globe, Cafe, and Wire Bird String Lights, $39 each; Here are four varieties of strand lighting from gleaming mercury glass to structured wire birds.
4. Pottery Barn's Cafe String Lights (as shown in previous photo), $39; The Cafe lights offer handcrafted galvanized iron shades for each of its 8 bulbs per string.
5. West Elm's David Stark Outdoor String Lights, $35; For a soft natural look, these seagrass shaded string lights designed by David Stark make a great addition to any deck or patio.
Images: as linked above; Pigeon Toe's Disc String Lights first spotted on sfgirlbybay