Summer is a time for vacations, and also for projects. Maybe you're thinking about painting, but want to do something a little out of the ordinary. We've got a few ideas.
2. If you have the guts, and the time, to pull off something like this, definitely keep the furniture simple to let the paint job shine. I can imagine this in black and white, or maybe even gold or silver, adding a bit of punch to a small room, like an entry way. From Skona Hem.
3. Extending the painted ceiling a few feet below onto the walls makes the bedroom in this modern farmhouse even cozier.
4. Why not paint the door, too? From House to Home.
5. What about painting just the door? In this intriguing room from Design*Sponge, a two-tone door adds an interesting dose of geometry.
8. Another take on the idea of painting half the room — this time, a thin, contrasting horizontal stripe adds a bit of architectural appeal. From Skona Hem.
9. If you're very ambitious, you could try this effect, with two different stripes in varying heights. Laser level (and lots of patience) recommended. From Skona Hem.
Re-edited from a post originally published on 8.2.12 - AB