Sure, the Paralda HEPA Air Purifier looks a lot better than most air purifiers, a category of home appliance which seems to always sit in the back of the class in regards to aesthetics for some reason. But is it worth $500? Allergy sufferers know good air purifiers are worth their weight in gold, but we admit a little bit bias/suspicion because this doesn't look as industrial as competitors.
The Paralda HEPA Air Purifier, named after a mystical elemental king of air, comes equipped with a variety of germ busting and particle filtering features including:
- HEPA air filter rated for 99.42% of airborne contaminants in rooms up to 400 sq. ft., removing smoke, pollen, dust, pet dander, dust mites, molds, bacteria and viruses
- UV lamp rated to kill 98% of airborne bacteria and viruses
- an ionization system (ozone safe)
- low level noise operation system, rated for 32 dBA on low, 60 dBA on high
- 4 fan speeds and 2 fan assemblies with Energy Star rating
The decor-friendly Paralda HEPA Air Purifier could be worth the sizable price tag of $499, as a good air filtration system is worth every penny if it does it job, and one that looks good and with a slim footprint is a notable offering when the competition tends to be filled with devices that are moderate eyesores at best. We hope to get our hands on one day soon and compare it to our current near-industrial grade IQAir and see if it measures, or if this is a case of good looks, but secondary performance.