So, where did you escape to this year? We've seen many of your great photos in our "Adventures and Outings" posts, and we commend you for tackling the travel challenge with babies and kids. Yes, it can be exhausting, but it's great to show your kids a bit of the country before they grow up. Parents Magazine has 7 recommendations for these travel years, and we have a few of our own.
Parents Magazine has a few picks for each of these categories. These are their top picks:
1. A Natural Wonder- The Grand Canyon
2. An American Monument- The Statue of Liberty
3. A Civil War Battlefield- Gettysburg
4. A Great American City- New York City
5. An Unspoiled Beach- Cannon Beach, Oregon
This one is going right on our list. There are lots of great festivals including the Puffin Kite Festival or the Sand Castle Competition.
6. A Desert Landscape- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
7. A Man-Made Wonder- Mount Rushmore
This got us thinking about the places that had an impact on us when we traveled as kids. Here are our own personal favorites:
1. The Painted Desert, Arizona
2. Luray Caverns, Virginia (or any cavern for that matter!)
3. Lombard Street- "The Crookedest Street in the World", San Francisco, California
4. Redwood National and State Parks, California
5. Mardi Gras in New Orleans, Louisiana (Yes, our parents actually brought us to Mardi Gras. We loved it and brought bags of beads home that we caught from our seat on dad's shoulders)
6. Cape Cod, Massachusetts
7. Las Vegas, Nevada (We "gambled" for stuffed animals at Circus Circus)
What would you put on your list?
Pic via Dodgen Photography Blog.