We're not sure what it is about August that makes people want to get up and move out. But as you say goodbye to old neighbors and make new ones, check out our favorite advice about being a good (quiet) neighbor, saving cash by borrowing from streetmates and how to remind the girl in 4E that she's a screamer.
It turns out that when you're using tech in your space, you need to be concerned with how it looks and sounds from both inside and out.
- How to Not Annoy Your Neighbors Playing Rock Band
A microphone accessory that silences your "sick cat" vocals.
- Best Reader's Tips & Comments: Sharing Walls and Wall Mounting Your TV
How an aesthetic improvement for your living room might invite a new conflict with your neighbor.
- Passive Aggressive WiFi:
Let Others Know What's Wrong What better way to let your neighbors know you can hear them getting sexy than with your WiFi network's name?
- Good Questions: Cheap DIY Soundproofing Solution?
Soundproofing for renters, from the floors to the wall.
- Borrow From Your Streetmates with NeighborGoods
You can count on the internet to blow up the concept of borrowing a cup of milk from your streetmates.
- The Do's and Dont's Of Porch Lights
It's the first bit of tech neighbors will see, and yes, there are etiquette and usage rules.
- Renters: When Do You Blast the Stereo?
If you haven't gotten to know your neighbors, what are the acceptable hours for music?
- Neighbors & Loud Appliances: Reasonable Hour for Use?
Yes, your vacuum makes a tornado of noise. And according to the survey, you need to wait until at least 8am to use it.