We've examined the sculptural look of pin-tuck bedding before and checked out parachute bedding here and here. While I love this trend, I tend to gravitate towards bedding with clean lines and less volume, yet I don't want them to appear too fussy or formal. For a no-frills alternative, I'm loving these neutral duvet covers with pleats.
While looking at pleated bedding options, I came across a wide variety that use organic or natural fabrics. Throw in price points for almost any budget and there's something for everyone. If you do end up buying one of these or similar, my advice is to spring for the best quality you can afford - especially if you keep your bedding around for years to come. These duvets are classic, refined, and won't be going out of style anytime soon.
Pictured from left to right, prices listed are for the full/queen option.
- Voile Pleats Core Collection by Calvin Klein, $350
- Pleated Linen Natural Duvet Cover by Pine Cone Hill $338
- Eileen Fisher Organic Cotton Percale Bedding by Garnet Hill, Colors On Sale for $148 (White $248)
- Organic Cotton Pleated Flannel Duvet by Coyuchi, $148
- Organic Cotton Pleated Voile Duvet Cover by West Elm, $119