For many of us, the holidays are a time of excess…too much food, too many presents, maybe even a little too much time with family (not that we don’t love them). While we’re munching on yet another cookie, our homes are gaining weight too. After the pile-on of decorations and gifts, it might be necessary to shed your apartment’s extra pounds. We found a great post on Unclutterer with tips for getting started on post-holiday decluttering. Click below for their suggestions…
• Recycle holiday cards.
• Get rid of old items to make space for all your new ones.
• Freeze leftovers for later.
• Don’t be afraid to re-gift.
• Return or exchange unwanted gifts.
• Restock your bar.
• Dispose of your Christmas Tree. (Chicago residents can click here for info on tree recycling.)
This week, Unclutterer will continue to post other suggestions for post-holiday cleanup, including how to stash your decorations.
Image via Morguefile.