I'm doing my best to grow as much food as possible from my apartment, and sprouts are such an easy start! I usually have a jar of these growing, and add them to salads, or eat them on their own. You can sprout anything from beans to lentils to garbanzo beans. They generally take about 4-5 days to sprout fully.
What You Need
1. Gather about a handful of lentils. Sort out any seeds that are dead or broken.
2. Put lentils in a jar or container.
3. Fill the jar with water until it just covers the lentils.
4. Cover the jar with a breathable material. Cheese cloth works quite well. Keep the jar stored in a cupboard on the counter. No need to refrigerate.
5. After about a week, you will have sprouted lentils!
6. Give them a quick rinse and enjoy! I usually put some olive oil and vinegar. They make a great snack!
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
See more How To posts
We're looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Submit your own tutorials or ideas here!
(Images: Emily Smith)