12 Uses for Waste Baskets
Heather’s clever post on the Canyon Waste Basket at Crate and Barrel got us thinking about the multiple uses for this unassuming object. As long as you’ve got a good-looking basket, why not clean it up and promote it out of the garbage business? (We like these Pablo Medina Wastebaskets at Design Public as magazine racks, $48 each.) Click below for the full list…
• Store rolled towels inside for a spa-inspired bathroom accessory.
• Use a watertight waste basket as a vase for flowers or branches.
• Store magazines and newspapers inside a rectangular waste basket.
• Use a watertight waste basket as an ice bucket.
• Keep it by the front door and use as an umbrella stand.
• Turn a metal, wood, or glass waste basket upside-down and use as a side table.
• Use it to store mailing tubes with artwork rolled inside. (Click here for the how-to.)
• Use stylish and colorful waste baskets as storage bins in a child’s room.
• Large waste baskets can be used for laundry.
• Store firewood next to the hearth in a sturdy waste basket.
• Use a metal can as a catch-all for sports equipment (basketball, yoga mat, etc.)
• In an entryway, use it to hold scarves, gloves, and hats.
See Heather’s original post for more information on a few of these ideas.