Yesterday, sources confirmed that Meredith is folding ReadyMade Magazine, its DIY publication. Sadly, seventy-five staffers will lose their jobs. On a brighter note, Dwell on Design kicks off the weekend in Los Angeles with its annual Westside Home Tour on Saturday. The main exhibition takes place at the LA Convention Center June 24-26. Plus, Furniture Today reports on Pier 1's skyrocketing earnings, and Home Accents Today announces Gilt Groupe's hire of Jason Goldberger to manage its expanding home business. More news and links below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• ReadyMade Magazine Folds & Cuts 75 Staffers | Apartment Therapy
• Dwell on Design's Westside Home Tour This Saturday | Dwell on Design
• Pier 1 Earnings Skyrocket 83.8% in First Quarter | Furniture Today
• Jason Goldberger to Manage Gilt Groupe's Home Business | Home Accents Today
• Housing Code Violations Go Online | Crain's New York