I can really get carried away daydreaming about all my favorite bathroom elements. When studying design, the designs I love best are those that integrate different styles. My dream bathroom is first inspired by the soft hues of the Ann Sacks wall tile paired with the Madeline Weinrib rug. To add a more contemporary aesthetic, the room is illuminated with the Bocci chandelier.
A bathroom is a very intimate and personal room in the home. There are various ideals for the look of the bathroom. For example, some believe the color scheme of the bathroom should consist mostly of white to represent purity and cleanliness. When I think about the design of the bathroom, I think about the function and lifestyle of the end user. For me, I enjoy soaking in a large bath and use my bathroom as an escape from the day's agenda. Each bathroom element that I selected for my dream bathroom was carefully considered for both design and aesthetic. Listed below are my sources for each element and the reason why I chose each one.
- Dream Bathroom Collage
- Wall Tile: Ann Sacks Beau Monde (Pattern: Jasper in Moonstone and Covellite): The soft color palette creates a relaxing bathroom experience.
- Floor Tile: Ann Sacks Tap Polished Black Porcelain Tile (11 3/4" x 23 1/2"): The jet black floor tile grounds the room and adds an extra element of sophistication and glamour.
- Floor Rug: Madeline Weinrib Clay Megan: The style of the rug adds balance to the bathroom by complimenting the wall tile.
- Lighting: 14.5 Five Pendant Chandelier by Bocci: Lighting can add such a significant impact to any interior. The Bocci lighting is very sexy and puts the bathroom's aesthetic over the edge.
- Bathtub: Kohler Parity Bath: For anyone who loves a long relaxing bath, a large soaking tub is a must.
- Toilet: Kohler Escale Two-Piece Toilet with Seat: The Kohler toilet's clean lines compliments the contemporary style of the space.
- Faucet: Kohler Kelston Lavatory Faucet (Vibrant Brushed Nickel): The faucet has rounded edges and a warmer finish, which adds to the warm feeling of the overall bathroom.
- Sink: Waterworks Normandy Copper Rectangular Undermount Lavatory: The copper sink provides a unique touch and an extra level of glamour.
- In-Ceiling Speakers: Bose Virtually Invisible 791 In-Ceiling Speakers: I am in love with music and have to listen to my favorite songs everywhere I am. Nothing beats listening to your favorite tracks while taking it easy in the bathroom.
- Hand Towels: West Elm Organic Cotton Solid Towels (Color: Espresso): I love towels that are very soft against my skin.
Check Out a Few Other Dream Bathrooms:
- Light, Bright and White Bathroom
- Boho Modern Bathroom
- Industrial Luxe Bath
- A Modern Meets Traditional Mashup Bath
(Images: Ann Sacks, Madeline Weinrib, Kohler, Waterworks, Bose, West Elm)