Budget Minded: 10 Fun Toys You Can Make
With many families still struggling in today’s economic climate, showering your children with expensive toys is not as easy as it once was. Many families are focusing on being thankful for what they have and thinking of creative solutions for the upcoming holiday season.
My husband and I personally are saving for baby number two and trying to purchase gifts for a large extended family this Christmas. We’re hoping that with a little time and elbow grease we can still give our daughter that thrilling ‘mountain’ of gifts, so I’ve been scouring the web for DIY toy ideas. Here are ten of my favorites that any little one is sure to love this holiday season (or any time of year).
1. Cardboard Guitar – Makedo
2. Marble Maze – Hellobee
3. Play Dough – Modern Parents Messy Kids
4. Child Swing – Pinjacolada
5. DVD Coloring Case – Handmade by Stacy Vaughn
6. Handmade City Play Mat – Playful Learning
7. Duct Tape River Raft – Handmade Charlotte
8. Cozy Car Caddy – Homemade by Jill
9. Magnetic Case – Land of Nod Blog
10. Cardboard Parking Deck – Kinderpendent
(Images: as credited above)