The Mac rumour mill was a'buzzin' all yesterday about new MacBook Pros, and lo and behold, they were right. The most notable change is the move to faster and latest Intel Penryn mobile processors inside (up to a 2.6 GHz, with 6MB of shared L2 cache) and the latest NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processors, now with up to 512MB of video memory, and Apple's Multi-Touchtrackpad feature (finger gesture command input like the iPhone) which was first introduced in MacBook Air.
- $1999. Macbook Pro 15" 2.4GHz / 2GB / 200GB 5400RPM / 256MB Vram
- $2499. Macbook Pro 15" 2.5GHz / 2GB / 250GB 5400RPM / 512MB Vram
- $2799. Macbook Pro 17" 2.5GHz / 2GB / 250GB 5400RPM / 512MB Vram
Also updated with Intel's Penryn processors were the lower model MacBooks:
Featuring a gorgeous 13-inch glossy widescreen display, and with prices still starting at just $1,099, the new MacBook lineup comes in three models and includes faster processors and larger hard drives across the line; sleek white 2.1 GHz and 2.4 GHz models with 120GB or 160GB 5400 rpm hard drives and a stunning black 2.4 GHz model with a massive 250GB 5400 rpm hard drive, previously only available as an option. The 2.4 GHz MacBook models ship with 2GB of memory standard, expandable up to 4GB across the line.
- $1099. Macbook 13" 2.1GHz / 1GB / 120GB / Combo / White
- $1299. Macbook 13" 2.4GHz / 2GB / 160GB / Super / White
- $1499. Macbook 13" 2.4GHz / 2GB / 250GB / Super / Black