A new royal wedding is on the calendar, and therefore Lifetime has wasted no time. The network announced that they have an original movie in the works based on the romance of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Deadline reported Saturday that Lifetime head of programming Liz Gateley mentioned the film during the network's panel at the Television Critics Association.
Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story will tell the tale of the couple's courtship, from the time they met through friends, to how they kept their relationship under wraps, to the intense media scrutiny Meghan has faced as a divorced American actress, and not your typical royal-to-be.
Meghan is no stranger to a made for TV movie (she starred in a couple Hallmark ones herself), but has never been the subject of one until now. This, however, is not Lifetime's first royal rodeo; William & Kate came out in 2011, chronicling the eight year romance of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge before their highly publicized wedding.
The project is directed by Menhaj Huda (The Royals) and is currently searching for its Harry and Meghan. While a premiere date has yet to be announced, William & Kate aired eleven days before their wedding, so Deadline is predicting an early May release.
More royal news
- Here's Where To Snag Affordable Versions of Meghan Markle's Iconic (And Sold Out) Looks
- The Royal Wedding Date Was Announced (Plus Everything Else We Know So Far)
- Kate Middleton Snaps the Cutest Pics for Princess Charlotte's First Day of School
- The Reason The Queen Keeps Certain Photos on Her Desk
- I Watched Both of Meghan Markle's Hallmark Movies, and This One Is The Clear Winner