Though you’ll sit on our Product Team, the key to success in this role is superior cross-functional communication. You’re able to “speak the language” of our Sales and Editorial teams, translating objectives into product requirements and connecting the dots to develop and maintain our product pipeline. You’ll work closely with a small team of engineers and designers to build solutions for our internal teams, clients, and readers.
- Build cross-company consensus on product development priorities, strategy and focus
- Maintain updated high-level pipeline of upcoming initiatives for forward planning purposes
- Develop detailed product definitions (via user stories and other documentation)
- Incorporate user and market research in product design, definition and prioritization
- Coordinate with engineering & design teams to ensure development efforts meet objectives
- Help define, measure & evaluate success metrics
You will join our newly formed “features” squad and play a key role in shaping the direction of the core features of our product, including our CMS, infrastructure, and sales products. You’ll be embedded in your squad but will work closely with our other Product Manager on our newly formed “design” squad and throughout the organization to ensure product development remains in alignment with organizational goals and the team receives the feedback they need to maintain forward momentum.
Our engineering & design teams work remotely. We all wear many hats and maintain a collaborative and supportive environment. You may work remotely or in our New York City office, however you must be able to work effectively with a remote team and coworkers. Excellent communication skills and self-direction are critical for success.
Other qualities & experiences that we are looking for:
- Experience in a product ownership role
- Experience working in a startup or digital media company
- Experience as an engineer, designer or analyst
- A demonstrated interest in our areas of editorial coverage
To apply, contact Vanessa Warlow. Provide a résumé and a well-crafted cover letter outlining how you fit into the role as described. In addition to your cover letter, résumé and links to relevant additional work to consider (including portfolio, blog, twitter account, GitHub profile, etc), please send us a short answer to the following questions:
- What is your favorite web product and why?
- What do they do exceptionally well?
- What are 3 things you would improve and why?
Candidates must be located and legally able to work in the US. No recruiters or agencies.
Comments have been disabled.