Product Review: Klean Kanteen Wide Insulated
Name: Klean Kanteen Wide Insulated
Price: $22.95 – $27.95
Rating: Strong Recommend*
I am really picky about my travel mug for morning commutes &mdash it must keep the beverage hot (or cold depending on the season) during an hour commute and then at least for an hour or two after arriving at the office. But just as important it must not spill, not even a dribble! Most mugs in my experience don’t meet these requirements, nor are many mugs made with environmentally friendly materials. So when I stumbled upon Klean Kanteen’s new Wide Insulated double wall stainless steel travel container, I wondered, could this possibly be the travel mug of my dreams?
I filled the insulated container with hot coffee and tested it during my morning commute, which consists of 20 minutes of walking outside (in the Chicago winter) and 25 minutes on the train.
Performance: The Klean Kanteen Wide Insulated mug surpassed my expectations by staying not just warm, but hot for hours. The mug was filled at 7:30, and by the time I arrived to the office at 8:30 it was still piping hot. An hour later, still hot, and by 1:00 it was still warm and not just room temperature warm but drinkable warm. This was just amazing. And to solve the spillage issue, the mug comes with two cap options: stainless steel loop cap and a cafe cap. If you buy both (they offer a combo pack) you can use the loop cap to keep the bottle leakproof while you’re on-the-go, and then switch to the cafe cap when you’re ready to drink! I really can’t be happier, the fact that it stayed hot during 16-degree snowy weather was really shocking, the optional lids are a huge bonus and the BPA free stainless steel container just seals the deal. The mug could also easily be used to store warm foods and hot soup, as well as other cold beverages. If you’ve been searching for the ultimate travel mug, look no further and go get the Klean Kanteen Wide Insulated.
- Available in 12oz, 16oz and 20oz. Comes standard with Stainless Loop Cap, a Cafe Cap is also available
- Insulates hot and cold food or beverages up to 6 hours
- Insulates iced drinks up to 24 hours
- Durable, double-walled construction and high performance vacuum insulation
- Slim design fits in most cup holders (though it did not fit mine)
- Made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed with 100% stainless interior
- No BPA, phthalates, lead, or other harmful substances
- Extra-wide mouth (2.125″)