Take it from someone with experience: getting halfway through a project and then realizing you're one tool short is no fun. Being prepared for your project from the very beginning is key to a smooth and easy DIY. Over the past month we've been collecting tool and supply lists to help you get started on the right foot.
- Project Essentials: Tool Boxes & Bags
Even if you're not much of a DIYer, you still need a tool box.
- Tool Box Essentials: Cordless Screwdrivers
For those projects that involve a lot of screws, you'll save yourself some pain with a cordless screwdriver.
- Tool Box Essentials: A Brief Guide to Saws
From basic hand saw to the more industrial circular saw, this guide will help you decide which one is best for your project.
- Tool Box Essentials: Measuring Tools
Measure twice, cut once. That's what my dad always said.
- Project Essentials: Shopping for a Basic Beginner Sewing Machine
An inexpensive sewing machine is a small investment for years of DIY curtain and pillow fun.
- Home Library Essentials: Best Craft Books
These books will help provide inspiration and serve as project guides.
- Get Organized: Stylish Binders
Keep all your DIY projects and plans neatly stashed in a binder.
- 15 Online Sources for Washi Tape
We're gaga for washi tape and its myriad uses. There are so many patterns out there you could cover an entire house in it!
- Store Profile: Real Sliding Hardware
Shut the barn door! Or leave it open. You can do either with sliding door hardware.
- 10 Sources for High Quality Tile
Tile can transform a kitchen or bath. Or use it for transforming a table top!
- Renovation Resource: 9 Sources for Antique & Reproduction Hardware
Want to keep the art deco charm in your vintage kitchen? You'll want to look at these hardware sources!
- Secondhand Rehab: 10 Architectural Salvage Stores
Supply your DIY and stay green with salvaged goods.
- Be Your Own Pattern Designer: Custom Wallpaper & Fabric
When you've looked all over and still can't find that perfect pattern, create your own.
- Best Online Sources for Fabric 2013
Ordering fabric for your project while wearing your pajamas. This may be why the internet was invented.
- Put Some Pattern On It: Stencil Resources
Jazz up walls, floors, fabric and just about anything else with some pattern.