Like many set-top boxes dedicated for streaming media, the navigation could always use a little work. No exception is the Western Digital's WD TV Live HD media player, with what some may consider a finicky piece of software that's a bit of a pain to navigate. However, now that they've included support for the Play To feature on Windows 7, one can easily push content directly from any PC on their network and have it play when the TV turns on. Here's how to take advantage of it.
1) Update Windows 7 and WMP 12 to the latest version.
2) (optional) Install codec packages to support all different types of formats.
3) Update the firmware on your WD TV Live HD to version 1.02.21.
4) Restart both devices.
5) Once updated, the WD TV Live will be automatically recognized by Windows 7 and added to the list of devices that are compatible with Play To.
6) Add a video or movie to your WMP 12 playlist and right click -> Select Play To Device -> Choose WD TV Live.
7) The content should be immediately "pushed" to your device and begin playing on the TV connected to your WD TV Live HD media player.