5 Quick & Easy Ways to Personalize an Apartment Kitchen
As a renter with very little control over the architecture of my home, I’m constantly thinking of ways to personalize the decor without paint or construction. Removable wallpaper is something I’ve been considering, but the price tag isn’t exactly appealing. Here are a few quick and inexpensive tweaks I’ve made to our little kitchen, with no worries for the landlord.
- Instal cup hooks under upper cabinets to display your cup collection.
- Remove a cupboard door to display neatly organized dishes. (Believe me, my other cupboards do not look so pretty inside!)
- Exchange old cabinet hardware for new knobs and handles — easily switched out during a move.
- Hang textiles, such as aprons on the walls, or nice looking tea towels on cabinet doors. (Just make sure your wet towels don’t drape on unprotected wood doors!)
- Hang art on the walls. Small kitchens might not have a lot of wall space, but take advantage of the space you have.
If you’re interested in seeing more of my little kitchen, check out the before and after here:
Images: Amanda Johnson