- San Clemente, CA
- Square Feet:
- Over 1000 sqft: Owner
- What I Love About My Entryway:
- I love that my entryway encapsulates so many of my favorite things all in one tiny spot. Live theatre, A Tale of Two Cities, animal bones, moulding, old trunks, emerald green, words, and ravens all get to have their moment here. It feels a little bit like a table of contents to the rest of my home.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Entryway:
- 1) Since entryways are small, you can pull someone's eye to many places at once without getting them overwhelmed. Consider all walls, floors, and even the ceiling. My entryway ceiling is lower than the rest of the house, so I decided to go ahead and draw attention to it by spray painting it in silver.
2) Everyone wants a place to drop the keys and mail right when you walk in the door, so a surface for that is key, but don't be afraid to use unexpected furniture. My front hall table is actually a vintage vanity (with a fully velvet lined jewelry drawer!)
3) Your entryway is not only your first impression on guests, but also your last, so give visitors something to remember. The giant dictionary and stand is actually a guest book I use for my parties. Friends and family pick and word a leave a note with a post-it for me to browse later.