- Ottawa Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- One of the best things about living in a small space is that it requires you to be thoughtful and intentional about what you bring into your home. Walking into our apartment immediately puts a smile on my face, because I'm surrounded only by things I genuinely enjoy.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Our apartment gets a lot of natural light, and we like to take advantage of that as much as possible. With the exception of the bedroom, we keep our windows uncovered or put up sheer curtains. It makes the space feel light and airy.
2. We only have one small hall closet and a tiny bedroom closet for storage, so we take advantage of vertical space for shelving, and dual-purpose furniture to maximize storage space.
3. Fill your space with things and colours that make you happy. Size really doesn't matter when you're surrounded by your favourite things. As renters, we're fairly limited when it comes to making any permanent adjustments to our space, but sentimental touches and accents help it feel like ours.