It's Pride, y'all! May the parades be sunny, the dance floors filled, and the rights ever-increasing. Please dance extra-hard for those of us without Pride celebrations where we live (maybe I should get to work on that!). In the mean- time, here are 19 rampantly rainbowed accessories for you and your home...
A few years ago I failed to buy an incredible Trina Turk rainbow sequin dress at a San Francisco thrift store because it was too big— wouldn't be a problem these days!— and I've cursed that decision every Pride since. I tried to find rainbow products with the same edgy-elegance that dress had...but ended up having to go with mostly fun, festive stuff instead.
- Bright Lab Lights, Oh Happy Day Shop!, $39.50
- Heart-Shaped Sunglasses, Forever 21, $5.90
- Notorious R.B.G., Look Human, $22.40
- Flash Trash Necklace, ASOS, on sale for $25
- Men's Sock Set, ASOS, $18/pack of 5 pairs
- Tissue Honeycomb Ball, Party Cheap, $3.60
- Radical Kids' Tee, Forever 21, on sale for $7.99
- Paper Plates and Paper Cups, Oh Happy Day Shop!, $5.95/10 and $4.95/10
- Temporary Tattoo Set, Tattly, $15
- Fan Decorations, Oriental Trading Company, $9.99/set of 6
- Duvet Cover, Summergirl968 for Society6, $99
- Tissue Paper Pompom, PomLove on Etsy, $6
- RBG for Equality Shirt, Look Human, $22.40
- Shower Curtain, Target, $33.24
- DIADI Bedding Set, Amazon, $190
- Dumbledore Was Gay Mug, Look Human, $15.20
- Nail Decals, EccentricDesignsbyLH on Etsy, $5
- Double Rainbow Factory, PearsonMaron on Etsy, £29.77
- Spritz Lunch Napkin, Target, $1.75/pack of 20
So, how do we all feel about rainbows as they relate to GLBT pride, rights, and activism these days? Do you embrace the rainbow or feel the movement has outgrown it as a symbol? Do you love its sunny, colorful, love-filled, uniting image or does it make you think of that episode of Will & Grace in which Will's date gave him a rainbow flag beach towel- "It'll come in handy, when I want people from space to know that I'm gay!"?