Weekly Events Calendar: 10.11.06
Art & Design Events…
- The Modern Show
- Highlights of the 20th Century in art and design
- October 13th though 15th ($15.00)
- Preview party Oct. 12th, 6-9pm to benefit the Art Deco Society of New York
- 69th Regiment Armory in Gramercy Park, (Lexington Ave. at 26th St.) 212/255-0020
- 10th annual art under the bridge festival–open studios, dance performances, panels, art sales, video installations, and parties galore
- October 14th and 15th
- 30 blocks of Dumbo Brooklyn
- The Center for Land Use Interpretation (CLUI) at Municipal Arts Society
- Celebrate the opening of CLUI’s new satellite location on the Hudson in Troy, New York, and new publication, Overlook: Exploring the Internal Fringes of America.
- October 12th, 6:30-8pm
- The Urban Center, 457 Madison Avenue at 51st Street, email@example.com, or 212.935.2075 for reservations
- Ear to the Earth
- Week-long festival of environmental sound and image with installations, panels, and concerts.
- October 6th through 14th
- 3LD Gallery / Art Center, 80 Greenwich Street @ Rector
- Architecture Days by Architectural Digest
- Lectures, walking tours, receptions, workshops all about design and architecture
- October 9th through 15th
- Anatomy of a Brownstone III: Inside and Outside
- Explore the process of renovating and restoring a brownstone–working with an architect, obtaining Landmarks Permits, locating furnishings that blend old and new, and undoing a previous owner’s mistakes.
- October 28th, 1-5pm at the Atrium Amphitheater, 300 Jay Street (at Tillary) ($35), 718.552.1173 or BSmith@CityTech.cuny.edu.
- Alternative Landscape Components: A New Land Art
- A radical new direction in Dennis Oppenheim’s work, involving highly artificial, manmade landscapes of trees, hedges and flowers that clash with and comment on the natural landscape.
- September 14th through November 8th
- The Arsenal, 5th Ave. and 64th St., AND large scale outdoor installations at Thomas Paine Park/Foley Square, 212.360.8163
Published: Oct 11, 2006