Saturday morning, just before dawn, I found myself in a crowd of rowdy spectators in a Koreatown parking lot, jostling for a comfortable spot in which to view the soccer match. While it was fun (lots of yelling, once in a lifetime experience, food trucks), a month of this would quickly get old. Better to consider the odd hours of the matches as an excuse for a grown up slumber party.
- Face it, tv will be the center of your world for the next few weeks: consider reorienting your furniture to give the maximum number of people the best view.
- Provide extra seating: pillows and ottomans allow everyone to find a comfortable spot.
- Stock up on trays: top an ottoman with a tray to make an extra table, corral coffee items on another, your bar accessories on a third.
- Pillows and throws: Stock up on extras. We like these pillows; they're elegant and cheap. Throws make any couch a cozy place to take a quick snooze between games.
- Provide parking passes: With some matches starting as early as 4 am, you'll want your guests to be able to arrive and leave safely.
And check out this post over on the kitchen for idea on light and healthy snacks.
[image: Bob B. Brown's Flickr, with a Creative Commons License]