Real Estate: Chelsea Still Affordable?
Our ears are buzzing. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a website where people volunteered information about their buildings and their rents (like that parking space website a few years back)? Perhaps it already exists, but we thought people might like to know that, according to one reader, Chelsea is not over yet:
My building in upper chelsea has 800sf 1 bedrooms going for around $2000 a month, and 550sf studios from 1400-1800. Many of the apartmeents have great views, concrete or wood floors, and some have 12ft ceilings. I like the building so much i just bought a place in it.
You don’t have to live in the boonies to get a deal; just on the fringes of other neighborhoods.
These are not spacious, but remember: Location, location, location. (Thanks, Doug!) MGR
REAL ESTATE LINKS
– Warburg Opens Harlem Office (Curbed)
– Apartment hunting tips (TheOnion via Curbed)
– Gehry Tops Danny: Ground Zero Winner Scores Art Center (Observer via Curbed)
– Cheap Room, Clothing Optional (TOTC via Curbed)
– The Journey From Renter to Landlord (NYTimes)