- Stoneham, MA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- We decided to go darker, bolder and cooler with this room, even though it's on the northwest side of the house. It's our office and also our bar room, complete with DIY 'Keezer' (chest freeze clad and turned into a kegorator that can handle 4 homemade brews in soda kegs, or 3 commercial craft brews of similar size... in an attractive way). Our idea was more hospitality-driven, like a true bar would be darker and moodier. When staring at laptop screens, light and airy isn't necessary. Nor does that usually facilitate a social evening of drinks with friends.
- Colors used in my room:
- Sherwin-Williams SW 6228 Refuge on walls
Sherwin-Williams SW 7005 Pure White trim and doors
Orange, grey and lime green accents
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Rooms I spend a lot of time in, I prefer to go more neutral and lighter, though still incorporating color. This way the color on the walls won't affect my mood very much. The office/bar is used occasional nights and weekends for the most part...so the darker moody blue doesn't depress us at all.
- Charging Up & Winding Down