Red Rooms Done Right
When we were 20 and lived in our first apartment, we thought it would be a great idea to paint our living room walls red (“It’ll be so bohemian and chic!”). Little did we know, we’d be standing there after it was done scratching our heads wondering why the room looked like a crime scene…
Perhaps its the shade of red we used or maybe it was our lighting? The results were less than happy. These five rooms have definitely done red right, from the color of the furniture paired with the walls to the color of the wall themselves — whatever it is, it’s good.
• Haley’s Red Delight did a wonderful job of balancing red accents with yellow bedding. Her bedroom walls a delightful shade by Valspar.
• A Matryoshka mural snuggles up with some fabulous red wall paper. Red and a definite wow factor, yet still not too LOUD.
• Serena & Lily have paired crisp light blues with their Punch paint. More of a dark rose than a red, the result is still dramatic without all of the intensity.
• We love the deep red used for this IKEA youth room. It’s a dark red without overpowering the entire room.
• Another IKEA youth room, this deep red is paired with black for a double sharp “Wham!” factor. We love the matching red furniture and black accented bedding that ties the entire look together.