Rent or Buy? Mortagage Rates Drop to 5.72%
Rent. In a sudden reversal of the recent trend, “companies aren’t creating jobs as fast as expected, and oil prices have dropped. As a result, long-term mortgage rates fell sharply in the last week.”
Really, the decision to rent or buy has so much to do with personal circumstance and personal timing. We feel that as prices are not sustainable at the current rates and are already showing signs of dropping, renting is advisable until better prices come on the market.
However, for the person who wants to buy for the long run and can afford today’s prices, there is no point in waiting. Buy, get the nice low interest rate and move onto other subjects for the next 20 years. MGR
Got an opinion on Renting v. Buying? Leave a comment below.
- Home Tweet Home: Pale Male moves back home
- Why Pale Male matters by MUG
- Pale Male on PBS
- NYTimes: Bird’s nest will be saved if architect says “yes”
- Tama Janowitz: a “slave of New York” loves Brooklyn
- Finding a neighborhood and a school
- To move to Lorimer or not to move to Lorimer?
- Ratner’s closing after 100 years of kosher goodness
- Apartment for iPod swap on Craigslist
- What $1m will buy you in this city (with photos)
- Jay McInerney calls MePa Ova!